Following up on the post, ‘How Your Intuition Builds Your Network ‘ earlier this month, we’ll continue to explore the role intuition plays in strong business leaders and ways that you can improve your own intuition. Intuition is the natural intelligence that allows us to see ahead of the curve, to generate innovative ideas, to communicate powerfully and to do so without having to study endless spreadsheets or gather piles of data.
It is the skill we all possess that has the ability to guide us to greater business success, greater career satisfaction and more sustainable levels of innovation and service. It is also a prominent attribute of strong business leaders and people who grow and maintain a strong network.
5 ways your intuition influences your leadership and your network.
- Intuitive leaders are inspired by inner vision. There is a powerful stability found in personal meaning and value. Allow your intuition to cultivate an expanded awareness that enables you to see and apply solutions where others cannot.
- Intuition helps you set the trends — not follow them. When you tap into your intuition, you create approaches, products and industries that are original and transformative.
- Let go of things that aren’t working or viable. Intuitive leaders do not spend a lot of time focused on things that don’t move their vision forward. Cultivate new plans of action and move forward with greater certainty and focus.
- Use your intuition to step up to the challenge when there’s a problem to be solved, a need to be filled or a gap to be closed that others have given up on, or haven’t been able to resolve.
- Your intuition helps you cultivate solutions and courses of action in multiple directions. Expanded vision allows intuitive leaders to design and successfully implement action plans that move in multiple directions at the same time empowering innovation and influence
In the loud and busy world we live in today, sometimes the noise drowns out our inner voice. Do you want to improve your intuition? Enhance your ability and tune in with these 5 tips.
- Slow down enough to hear your inner voice. Before you can pay attention to your intuition, you first have to be able to hear it amid your busy life.
- Take time for yourself. Solitude and taking time away from the everyday, even something as brief as going for a walk, is a great way to turn up the volume of your intuition.
- Practice empathic accuracy. ‘Empathic accuracy’ is an intuitive awareness of what other people are thinking and feeling. Practice listening using cues such as body language and tone of voice. It’s an extremely powerful form of empathy that helps foster deep connections with other people and is immensely valuable in building your network.
- Nurture your creativity. Intuition is the secret ingredient in creativity and being intentionally creative strengthens your use of intuition.
- Analyze your dreams. Dreams are often manifestations of intuition. Sure, sometimes dreams are nonsense, but they often try to tell us something from below our conscious awareness. Ask yourself, “Where did that come from, and what can I take away from it?”
Whether you listen to it or not, your intuition is healthy and functioning. If you want to make better decisions in life, be a better business leader and be the person others want as a part of their network, learn to listen and value your intuition.